11 April, 2011

My autumn lipstick wardrobe

One of my very close friends (and one of my first followers) mentioned that I hadn't done a proper post on lipstick in a while, so...

Here's a peek at the lipstick shades I've got on high rotation this autumn.  I've got a pretty light complexion - I'm an NC20 on the MAC scale - so as the weather gets cooler I gravitate towards deeper nudes, maroons, plums & berries to liven up my colouring.


From L - R these are:
  • MAC Amplified (Cosmo) - a warm creme deep nude, high in pigment.  This has carried over from my summer collection as it's such a versatile nude and contrasts enough against my skin
  • MAC Amplified (Molassie) - a warm milk chocolate creme shade, also high in pigment as per the Amplified formula
  • L'Oreal Colour Riche (Plum Brulee) - deep red/maroon creme, also very rich in pigment
  • MAC Cremesheen (Party Line) - deep plum creme
  • Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick (Temptation) - bright strawberry red with slight shimmer and semi-matte finish.  This one's a newbie I bought to try out the new Rimmel lipstick range

I've swatched these in the order of lightest to deepest shade on the inside of my arm.  This photo was taken indoors in natural daylight:

Swatches from L - R:
Cosmo
Molassie
Party Line
Temptation
Plum Brulee

Do you change your lipstick shades to match the season or do you have a signature lipstick look?

Until my next post.

Vita :)

4 comments:

  1. Great choices!

    I really like berry shades right now. :)

    I don't really have a signature lipstick look, I just wear what I feel like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vintage, Berry shades are my faves too :)

    Hi Claire, I mix it up and play with different colours on the weekend when I can experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like berry shades but they don't suit me. In winter/autumn I go for more muted mauvey tones to go with the grey weather outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lilit - I'm loving your lipstick challenge posts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...